Get 20% off
when you buy online
Introductory cover, minimum premiums apply. Excludes optional extras/covers. Excludes SELECT Premier.
Direct Line Contents Insurance
If you are looking for contents insurance, then why not try Direct Line? Direct Line automatically provides you with contents cover of £50,000 as standard. On top of that we also:
- Provide cover on a new-for-old basis for household goods, including furniture, carpets, curtains, and your personal belongings in the home, garages and sheds
- Cover cash in your home up to £500, plus items in the garden up to £1,000
- Cover against fire, smoke damage, lightning, theft, flood and escape of water or oil
- Cover freezer contents, replacement locks and keys following theft of keys, and possessions temporarily removed from the home to another e.g. while children are at college (up to £5,000)
- Includes an automatic increase of 10% of the sums insured for 30 days either side of Christmas and family weddings
- 24-hour Emergency Helpline
Contents insurance summary
|Cover||Home Insurance standard policy||Home insurance plus policy|
|Loss or damage to contents caused by fire, lightning, smoke, storm or flood||Up to £50,000||Up to £100,000|
|Office equipment in the home (i.e. computers, printers, fax machines, photocopiers)||Up to £5,000||Up to £10,000|
|Money in the home||Up to £500||Up to £1,000|
|Contents in the garden||Up to £1,000||Up to £2,500|
|Lock & Keys (replacements if keys lost or stolen)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
These are just some of the benefits you get with a Direct Line contents insurance policy. If you want to learn more, please see the links below.
If you would like our highest level of cover, SELECT Premier home insurance is suitable for customers with £100,000 of contents and above.