It's important that our website is accessible to all our users. Every page is designed with accessibility and usability in mind, taking into account recommendations in the Disability Discrimination Act and World Wide Web Consortium Guidelines.
We have also made sure the site is compatible with a number of screen readers, including ZoomText, NVDA, VoiceOver and Window Eyes. Checks have also been carried out on basic operating system screen magnifiers and speech recognition software.
If you get stuck for any reason, try going to My Computer My Way.
Please let us know if you have any problems. Your feedback is valuable and we’re always trying to improve the site.
What is this and how will it help me?
If you use British Sign Language (BSL) the SignVideo service is here to help you get in touch with us easily and safely. If you have a question or would like any help managing your account, SignVideo will connect you to an online interpreter who can communicate your sign language to one of our advisors.
When can I use it
The SignVideo service is available Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm (excluding Bank Holidays) and is free from your home computer.
What do I need?
Just make sure you’ve got the following:
- iOS devices (8 or upwards), many Android devices (4.4 upwards), PC (i3 or above) or Mac with a webcam.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9‐11 or Firefox for Windows, Safari for Mac.
- Internet bandwidth of at least 256 kbp/s upload and download (384kbp/s recommended).
How do I use it?
- Click the relevant button below
- Follow the onscreen instructions to connect to a SignVideo interpreter
- You’ll then be connected to a Direct Line advisor in British Sign Language
- You’ll need to download a one‐off plug‐in the first time you use the service. This will ensure good video quality and that the call is completely secure.