Contents insurance summary

These are just some of the benefits you get with a Direct Line Contents Insurance policy. Check out what other home insurance products we offer below.

If you would like our highest level of cover, SELECT Premier home insurance is suitable for customers with £100,000 of contents and above.

Home Insurance Home Insurance Plus SELECT Premier
Loss or damage to contents caused by fire, lightning, smoke, storm or flood Up to £50,000 Up to £100,000 Unlimited
Office equipment in the home (i.e. computers, printers, fax machines, photocopiers) Up to £5,000 Up to £10,000 Up to £15,000
Money in the home Up to £500 Up to £1,000 Up to £2,500
Contents in the garden Up to £1,000 Up to £2,500 Up to £2,500
Lock & Keys (replacements if keys are lost or stolen) Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

Direct Line contents insurance?

If you turn your house upside down, everything that moves should be covered by home contents insurance. That’s how it’s different to buildings insurance which just covers the structure of your home.

Get a contents insurance quote with Direct Line, and we’ll provide £50,000 contents cover for your home as standard with our home insurance policy.

What else do I get with Direct Line contents insurance?

  • Cover on a new-for-old basis for household goods, including furniture, carpets, curtains, and your personal belongings in the home, garages and sheds
  • Cover for freezer contents, replacement locks and keys following theft of keys, and up to £5,000 for possessions temporarily removed from the home to another e.g. while children are at college
  • Cover against fire, smoke damage, lightning, theft, flood and escape of water or oil up to £50,000
  • Cash covered in your home up to £500, plus items in the garden up to £1,000
  • An automatic increase of 10% of the sums insured for 30 days either side of religious festivals and family weddings
  • Access to our 24-hour Emergency Helpline
  • Get a quote

Other insurance we offer

Buildings insurance

Jewellery insurance

Tenants contents insurance

Need more help?

Give us a call and we’ll get it sorted for you

0345 246 8372

Opening hours:

  • Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm
  • Sat 9am - 5pm
  • Sun Closed

Need more help?

Our webchat team can answer your questions

Get in touch