Family Legal Protection is included as standard with a Home Insurance Plus policy, but for an additional annual premium you can have this cover added to a Home Insurance policy and benefit from:
24 hour advice line
With Direct Line's Family Legal Protection Policy you always have immediate access to legally qualified staff through our exclusive 24 hour helpline. Our legal experts are ready to advise you on any private legal problem, whether or not it results in a claim. And, you can use the helpline as many times as you like!
Legal costs up to £100,000
As a legal protection policyholder we'll meet your legal fees and now we'll cover costs up to £100,000 per claim for the following situations:
- Faulty goods or services you have bought including a holiday that didn't live up to expectations
- Employment claims including unfair dismissal, redundancy and discrimination on the grounds of sex, race or disability
- Civil claims relating to the ownership or occupation of your home including boundary and neighbour disputes
- Defence of actions against you where you have privately sold personal goods
- Personal injury claims including accidents at work, in public places, medical and clinical negligence
- Contract disputes for buying or selling your home
On top of this cover, we also provide cover for:
- Inheritance disputes
- Legal defence for your work as an employee
- Motoring prosecution
- Your salary while you attend jury service
Cover for everyone
Legal Protection cover is available for all members of the family living with you.
The information in this article is intended to provide you with general information only. You should seek detailed legal advice for individual cases. The information given is based on the laws of England and Wales.
Max call charge from a BT landline is 3p per minute. Calls from other networks may vary.