Short‐term European breakdown cover
If jumping in your car to explore the continent seems more appealing than hopping on a plane, then check out our European breakdown cover.
Direct Line has joined forces with Green Flag Motoring Assistance, to cover you on the open road. With over 40 years experience in providing breakdown cover, Greeen Flag are only a quick phone call away, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
What’s more, our flexible cover is charged by the day to save you paying out more than you need to.
So, what are the benefits?
- Cover for as little as one day
- Pre–departure protection – if bought 7 days (or more) before you leave, up to £800
- English–speaking help 24 hours a day
- 24–hour emergency assistance, 365 days a year with no call–out charges
- Roadside assistance – up to £250
- A replacement car if yours is out of use – up to £850
- If the driver’s taken ill or injured, then we’ll get you all home
- We’ll pay to get your vehicle back to the UK – up to market value of the vehicle
- Legal defence expenses are covered – up to £1,000
Andorra, Austria, Balearics, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Isles, Channel Islands, Corsica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, San Marino, Sardinia, Sicily, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey in Europe plus Üsküdar.
If your driver is taken ill…
Don’t panic. If this happens, we’ll ask if another member of your party can drive the vehicle instead. If this isn’t possible, then we may provide a qualified driver to bring the vehicle back. If neither of these are an option, then we’ll make arrangements to get your car home (up to the market value of your vehicle).
For full details and exclusions download our PDF:
Breakdown cover policy wording and summary