Is your passport lost or stolen?

If your passport is lost or stolen you will need to complete the LS01 form to obtain a new one.

So if you are travelling abroad, check your passport at least two months before your trip so you have enough time to replace it if you need to.

UK Passport Service safety advice

  • Make sure you keep a note of your passport number and a photocopy of the personal details page as this helps the UK Passport Service to issue you with a new one
  • Keep your passport separate from other important items both at home and when travelling
  • If your passport is lost/stolen within the UK call the Passport Adviceline on 0300 222 0000 (lines are open 8.00am to 8.00pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am to 5.30pm weekends and public holidays) immediately to get an LS01 form, or visit the Identity & passport service website. Alternatively, forms can be obtained from police stations, selected Post Office ® branches and Worldchoice travel agents offering the Check & Send application service.

If your passport is lost/stolen overseas, report it to the local police and then contact the nearest British Consulate, Embassy or High Commission. They will be able to help you report the loss to the Identity & Passport Service and provide you with replacement travel documentation.

For further information visit the Identity & Passport Service website.

Related information:

Travel wise – how to avoid being a victim of crime abroad
Staying secure abroad – more tips for keeping your stuff safe while you’re on holiday
Holiday inventory – list it, in case you lose it!

directline logo
Do you have any  insurance policies  with Direct Line?
Close ×
directline logo
Do you have any  insurance policies  with Direct Line?

Things you need to know about Over 50s life insurance:
Premiums stop after your 90th birthday but you still enjoy cover for the rest of your life. In the first year, if you die from natural causes we will refund any premiums, or if you die as a result of an accident, we will pay your cash sum. After the first year regardless of the cause of death we will pay your cash sum. Depending on how long you live, the total sum paid in premiums may be more than the cash sum payable on death. If you stop paying your premiums before the end of your policy your cover will stop 30 days after your missed premium and you won’t get anything back. This isn’t a savings or investment product and has no cash value unless a valid claim is made. Inflation will reduce the buying power of your cash sum in the future.

Close ×