Many people have to travel abroad or in the UK for business, and this can often be more than once a year. With Direct Line you are covered under Single-trip and Annual travel policies for business as well as pleasure. If you require increased Business Cover please call our customer hotline on 0345 246 8704 .
Your company may cover you with business travel insurance while you are away. If not (check with your company first) it's good to know Direct Line will cover you for working trips as well as holidays. This is also great news if you are self-employed and need to make business trips. If it's a one-off you could get a Direct Line Single-trip insurance policy, although chances are you may make several business trips during the year - in this case, it's worth investing in Direct Line's flexible annual travel insurance policy, which covers for multiple trips (up to 42 days each) throughout the year. If you have a health emergency while on a business trip (accidents can happen at any time), all Direct Line travel insurance policies also cover for up to £10 million of medical and emergency expenses abroad and up to £25,000 in the event of a personal accident.
Cancellation and curtailment is also covered up to £5,000, in case your trip needs to be cut short. Your travel insurance also covers for delayed departure, loss of passport and legal assistance. Direct Line recognises that business trips in the UK are commonplace- that's why our policies cover travellers in the UK (conditions apply) and abroad. If you do get stuck, which can be even more stressful if you have work to do, Direct Line as standard will provide £100 for essential replacement items that enable you to temporarily continue with your trip and up to £5,000 for abandoned journeys after 12 hours' delay.
If you require increased cover, you can add the optional Business Cover extension which covers the following:
- Up to £1,500 for business equipment and business samples, if they are damaged, lost, stolen or destroyed while on your journey. The single item and business valuables limit is £1,000
- Up to £250 for essential replacement business items which you reasonably need to buy if you have to wait more than 12 hours for baggage
- Up to £500 towards hiring replacement business equipment for the duration of the journey if yours is damaged, lost, stolen or destroyed
- Up to £1,500 towards the cost of a return travel ticket for one colleague to replace you, if you are unable to fulfil your business commitments.
- Up to £500 if your business money is lost or stolen on your journey or during the 72 hours immediately before your departure
Please note this cover extension is only available over the phone so please call our customer hotline on 0345 246 8704 .
Business trips often involve some kind of recreation time too. This could include organised activities. Let us know what you will be doing and we'll check you are covered on your policy. There is a list of insured activities on the policy document online. For skiing - if you want cover, you do have to add the winter sports cover option on.
Whether you're travelling for business or pleasure, don't go uninsured. Get a quote from Direct Line or buy online now.
Call us on 0345 246 8704