Why do you need life insurance?
Everyone wants their loved ones to be looked after. And life insurance can do just that, paying out should you die during the policy. Although it’s difficult to think about, death is something you should plan for with the right life insurance.
If anyone depends on your income, getting life insurance could provide invaluable financial security for them should something happen to you.
How much cover do you and your family need?
Life insurance can help towards paying an outstanding mortgage or help protect the family's lifestyle and everyday living expenses. The amount of cover needed varies from person to person, based on things like:
- Mortgage or rent payments
- Debts, including credit cards and loans
- Day-to-day living costs of your family
- The cost of your funeral
- Funds for your children – e.g. for further education
Whatever your focus, it’s important to make sure that not only do you have enough cover, but you can afford the payments.
Use our life insurance cover calculator to get an idea of how much cover you might need.
What to do next
As well as thinking about how much life insurance you might need, to get a quote you’ll need a few more details to hand, including:
- Whether you want level or decreasing life insurance
- The date of birth of you and anyone else you want the policy to cover
- How long you want the policy to last
- Whether you’re a smoker
We’ve also made it easy to adjust your requirements and see how the quote is affected. Once you’re happy this meets your needs, you can apply online.Get a quote