Get 20% off
when you buy online
Introductory cover, minimum premiums apply. Excludes optional extras/covers. Excludes SELECT Premier.
Direct Line Contents Insurance
If you turn your house upside down, everything that moves should be covered by home contents insurance. That’s how it’s different to buildings insurance which just covers the structure of your home.
Get a contents insurance quote with Direct Line, and we’ll provide £50,000 contents cover for your home as standard with our home insurance policy.
With Direct Line contents insurance you also get:
- Cover on a new-for-old basis for household goods, including furniture, carpets, curtains, and your personal belongings in the home, garages and sheds
- Cash covered in your home up to £500, plus items in the garden up to £1,000
- Cover against fire, smoke damage, lightning, theft, flood and escape of water or oil up to £50,000
- Cover for freezer contents, replacement locks and keys following theft of keys, and up to £5,000 for possessions temporarily removed from the home to another e.g. while children are at college
- An automatic increase of 10% of the sums insured for 30 days either side of religious festivals and family weddings
- Our 24-hour Emergency Helpline
Contents insurance summary
|Cover||Home Insurance standard policy||Home insurance plus policy|
|Loss or damage to contents caused by fire, lightning, smoke, storm or flood||Up to £50,000||Up to £100,000|
|Office equipment in the home (i.e. computers, printers, fax machines, photocopiers)||Up to £5,000||Up to £10,000|
|Money in the home||Up to £500||Up to £1,000|
|Contents in the garden||Up to £1,000||Up to £2,500|
|Lock & Keys (replacements if keys lost or stolen)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
These are just some of the benefits you get with a Direct Line contents insurance policy. If you want to learn more, please see the links below.
If you would like our highest level of cover, SELECT Premier home insurance is suitable for customers with £100,000 of contents and above.