Here's how we compare
|Direct Line||Aviva Home Plus
|Aviva Direct Home-sure||John Lewis Plus|
|Admin fee for adjustments made online*||£39.99 Optional extra||£38.99 Optional extra|
|Items ready to send two hours after approving your claim**|
|Choice of cash or replacements***|
|Severe leak response time communicated
Plan agreed and into action within 24 hours ****
This information is based on data sourced from policy booklets, insurer's website, mystery shopping and Defaqto data 2016. Data correct as of 16th March 2016 for new customers.
Aviva Home Plus is sold to the public via brokers. Admin fees vary by broker.
Excludes Highlands and Islands. Extreme weather conditions may extend response time. Terms and cover limits apply.
Five frequently asked Home Emergency questions
This comes as standard with our Direct Line Home Plus insurance. It can also be added on as an optional extra with our Home Insurance at an additional cost. Emergency plumber cover is part of our Home Emergency add on.
An uncontrollable water leak is a leak from your internal plumbing and drainage that you cannot stop and which causes continuous damage to your home.
Dependent on your individual claim circumstances and the cover in force, we can (if safe to do so):
- Carry out a risk assessment to identify potential hazards, including asbestos cases for onward appointment of relevant experts
- Test/make safe electrics or carry out temporary installation work
- Remove standing water/items damaged beyond repair, including sodden carpets, floor coverings and wallpaper
- Clean/sanitise areas, including application of an antimicrobial / biocide to tackle potential issues with mould and bacteria
- Take moisture readings - to confirm which areas are wet and require drying
- Install dehumidifiers/fans/air movers to start the drying process
- Capture damage on camera
No, there is no excess for a Home Emergency claim.
We will pay up to £500 (including VAT) for each emergency assistance call-out to cover the cost of the call-out, labour at the customer's home, and parts to fix the leak.