Buildings insurance

Online exclusive: save 20%

Introductory offer, minimum premiums apply.
Excludes optional extras/covers. Excludes SELECT Premier.

Why do I need Buildings insurance

If your home or any outbuildings are damaged due to things like fire or flooding, having buildings insurance could save the day.

Unlike contents insurance which covers your belongings, buildings insurance covers your roof, floors, windows, doors or ceilings - up to £1,000,000 with our home insurance policy.

What you’ll get

  • Covers the structure of your home, roofs, walls, fences, gates and outbuildings, plus permanent fixtures like kitchens, bathrooms and fitted wardrobes
  • Covers fire, lightning, storm or flood (excluding fences and gates), theft, explosion, escape of water or oil, vandalism and subsidence
  • Covers the cost of alternative accommodation if necessary (following an insured event)
  • Gives you access to a 24-hour Emergency Helpline
Buildings insurance cover levels

Our handy comparison table below will help you understand the available range of cover levels.

Insurance Plus
  Included Optional Not Included
Loss or damage to walls, roofs, driveways, patios, conservatories, outbuildings, permanent fixtures (e.g. kitchen, bathroom, fitted wardrobes) caused by fire, lightning, smoke, storm or flood Up to £100,000 Unlimited
External door locks where keys have been lost or stolen
Damage to plumbing installation caused by freezing/bursting
Accidental damage cover
Alternative accommodation (Buildings)- following an insured event Up to £25,000 Up to £50,000
If you would like our highest level of cover, SELECT Premier home insurance is suitable for customers with £100,000 of contents and above. Get a quote Get a quote

Other cover options


Some people don’t realise how much their jewellery may actually be worth and so sorting out insurance may not be something they think about.

Learn more

Personal Posssessions

To insure against phones left in a taxi, cameras lost on holiday, jewellery lost at sea and wallets left at the supermarket.

Learn more


If you turn your house upside down, everything that moves should be covered by home contents insurance

Learn more