What is black box insurance?
Using telematics technology, we’ll give you a small plug-in for your car so we can monitor your driving performance.
We’ll also give you an upfront discount, as long as you’ve passed your test.
DrivePlus is suitable if you’re 25 or under, and your car was built in 1996 or later.
Why choose DrivePlus?
What is DrivePlus?
How can our device help you save money?
- Upfront discount applies to your first year: Discount if you’re 25 or under, new to Direct Line and you’ve passed your test. Further discounts are available at the end of the year dependant on score.
- No tools required: A small plug-in that’s easy to set up yourself.
- Direct emails: Receive regular feedback and updates on your performance.
- Free download: Our DrivePlus app is in the Apple and Android app stores.
- DrivePlus: Keep track of all your journeys and scores on our telematics app. If you drive safely you may be eligible for a discount at renewal.
How DrivePlus works
1. Plug in
Buy a DrivePlus policy and we’ll send you a plug-in, with a simple step-by-step guide on how to fit it to your car. If your vehicle is not compatible with a plug in, you will receive a professionally installed device.
Once installed, simply go for a drive. The device transmits data to us, which we use to analyse your driving style.
Looking at factors such as speed, smooth driving (acceleration/braking), roads you drive on, length of journey and time of day.
You may be eligible for a discount at renewal. If you drive safely and get a high score, you’ll be rewarded with a discount when you renew your insurance. The higher you score, the less you’ll pay.