Last year, over 9000 people relaxed on their holiday, despite needing to make a claim.
Travel to Egypt
We advise all our customers travelling to Egypt to check with the
For travel insurance, take the direct line
Whether you're surfing in Sydney or sunbathing in Spain, our travel insurance
goes with you. Last year we helped over 9,000 people stay relaxed on holiday,
despite needing to make a claim.
Take out annual travel cover and get 10% off your policy. If you are entitled to more than one discount, they will be deducted consecutively.
And now with Direct Line Together, if you take out Travel Insurance with us, we'll give you or anyone in your household a 10% discount on our other products. Just another reason to take the direct line.
- Cover if your airline goes bust
- Emergency cash transfer if your wallet or purse is lost or stolen
- 24 hour worldwide assistance
- Up to £10 million cover for medical expenses
- Cover for children for independent travel like school trips
- Up to £5,000 paid if your trip is cancelled or cut short
- New-for-old replacements as standard (with the exception of clothing)
- Up to £250 total valuables limit to replace your stolen or damaged items
Single trip policies are also available, and we also offer a Discoverer policy for long stay/backpacking customers (cover available to under-55s only).
Travel tips & advice
Making a claim?
Follow this step-by-step guide to our simple claims process.Find out more
Tips and advice on how to stay safe on your gap year or round the world trip.
Find out more
What is an EHIC?
More information on the European Health Insurance Card, which has replaced the old E111 form. Find out why you need travel insurance too.Find out more
Summary of cover
Find out what is included in our travel cover and options available to you.
Find out more