Home insurance claims
We're here to help you make a claim quickly, and deal with it fairly – with as little hassle as possible.
To make a claim, please call our teleclaims team on:
0845 246 8710
8am – 8pm Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm Saturday
Out of hours call our 24-hour Emergency Helpline on:
0845 601 3004
Calls may be recorded. Max call charge from a BT landline is 3p per minute. Calls from other networks may vary.
Have you been a victim of crime?
Victim Support is the national charity which helps people cope with the effects of crime. It provides free, confidential, practical help and support – you can call them on 0845 30 30 900 (9am – 9pm weekdays, 9am – 7pm weekends, 9am – 5pm Bank Holidays).
How to make a Home Insurance Claim
- Ring us, we'll register your claim details, and talk you through the next steps.
- If you have been a victim of theft, vandalism or lost items outside of your home, we will require a crime or loss reference number.
- Please keep any damaged items for inspection. Evidence of ownership such as purchase receipts and photographs will also help us to deal with the claim.
- For small claims, it’s sometimes possible to deal with them over the telephone through our approved suppliers. If we are unable to do this, we may ask for estimates or quotations from you to support your claim.
- For larger claims, it’s likely we'll arrange for a claims adviser to come out and visit you as soon as possible. In the event that your home is so badly damaged that you need another place to stay, alternative accommodation costs can be covered under the buildings and contents section of your policy (limits apply).