Announcing the Direct Line sale
3rd January 2012
- 30 per cent off home insurance and a further 20 per cent off when you buy online*
- New stars in the new Direct Line home insurance adverts
From the 4th January, as part of the Direct Line Sale, householders looking to purchase home insurance can enjoy an introductory discount of 30 per cent. Savvy shoppers can also save a further 20 per cent if they buy online.
Stuart Curson, head of home insurance at Direct Line, comments: “After a Christmas spending spree, January is the perfect time to sort out your finances and home insurance is an important part of this. It might be tempting to cut this insurance but this could end up costing you should the worst happen.”
To promote the new offer, the Direct Line home insurance adverts have two new stars joining comedian Chris Addison on screen. The first new character is Doon Mackichan who regularly appeared in Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge as well as writing and starring in Smack the Pony.
Doon is joined in the advert by her on-screen husband, played by Darren Boyd. Darren also appeared in Smack the Pony, as well as the Green Wing, and the nineties BBC sitcom Kiss Me Kate.
For further details or to buy home insurance online, visit www.directline.com/home-insurance
For further information please contact:
Tel: 020 8285 8682
Mob: 07900 217 264
- Introductory discount available from 4th January until 29th February 2012
- Discount applies when you buy buildings insurance, contents insurance or both together
- Discount applies to the Home insurance premium and does not apply to any add-ons purchased
- If you are entitled to more than one discount, they will be deducted consecutively from your individual premium
- Minimum premiums apply
Started in 1985, Direct Line became the first UK insurance company to use the telephone as its main channel of communication. It provides car, home, travel and pet insurance cover direct to customers by phone or on-line.
Direct Line general insurance policies are underwritten by U K Insurance Limited, Registered office: The Wharf, Neville Street, Leeds LS1 4AZ. Registered in England No 1179980. U K Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Direct Line and UK Insurance limited are both part of Direct Line Insurance Group plc. Customers can find out more about Direct Line products or get a quote by calling 0845 246 3761 or visiting www.directline.com