Critical Illness Cover
Include this in your life insurance policy at outset for an extra cost and you’re covered for a range of conditions that could disrupt your life and work.
Being diagnosed with a critical illness is life-changing and this cover helps you manage the financial consequences.
While life cover can only pay out if you die during the policy term, critical illness cover could pay out your chosen amount of cover if you’re diagnosed with one of the conditions covered by the policy during the policy term.
- Critical illness cover can be added when you take out all our life insurance policies for an extra cost.
- It covers specified conditions.
- Conditions covered include illnesses as stroke, heart attack and certain types of cancer. We only cover the critical illnesses we define in our Guide to Critical Illness Cover and no others.
- If you’re eligible for a critical illness payment, the payment will be made directly to you.
- Your children will also be covered for no extra charge. For more details on children's critical illness cover please read your policy’s terms & conditions.
Please bear in mind that Critical Illness Cover isn’t the same as terminal illness cover. Terminal Illness Cover could only pay out if you're diagnosed with a terminal illness and have a life expectancy of 12 months or less. Critical Illness Cover may pay out whatever your life expectancy during the policy term.