Critical Illness Cover
Being diagnosed with a critical illness can disrupt your life at home and work.
Adding critical illness cover for an extra cost when you take out a life insurance policy with us will ensure you’re covered for a range of life-threatening conditions, as well as help you manage the financial consequences.
While life cover can only pay out if you die during the policy term, critical illness cover could pay out if you’re diagnosed with one of the conditions covered by the policy during its term.
- Critical illness cover can be added for an extra cost when you take out any of our life insurance policies.
- It covers specified conditions.
- Conditions covered include illnesses such as stroke, heart attack and certain types of cancer. We only cover the critical illnesses we define in our Guide to Critical Illness Cover and no others.
- If you’re eligible for a critical illness payment, the payment will be made directly to you.
- Your children will also be covered for no extra charge. For more details on children's critical illness cover please read your policy’s terms & conditions.
Please bear in mind that Critical Illness Cover isn’t the same as terminal illness cover. Terminal Illness Cover could only pay out if you're diagnosed with a terminal illness and have a life expectancy of 12 months or less. Critical Illness Cover may pay out whatever your life expectancy during the policy term.