Identity and Online Fraud Assistance
These days most of us have a 'life online' – whether that is internet banking, online shopping or connecting with people on social networks. All of this means we share our personal and financial information with lots of websites. DataPatrol (powered by Garlik, part of Experian) is an Identity and Online Fraud Assistance service which can help to detect the theft, loss or disclosure of your vital personal and financial information.
As a benefit of your Direct Line Home Insurance Plus policy you receive DataPatrol Identity and Online Fraud Assistance and you can benefit from this service straight away.
How DataPatrol works
- Your personal information: name, usernames, aliases and email addresses;
- Your contact information: home address, other addresses and telephone numbers;
- Your financial information: credit/debit cards, bank details, online banking IDs and online shopping IDs.
DataPatrol searches for your vital information across a variety of data sources, including:
- Public Websites
- Compromised and stolen data traded on Internet
- Public registers and Companies House (excluding Channel Isles and Isle of Man)
- Electoral Roll (excluding Channel Isles and Isle of Man)
If DataPatrol finds anything that could put you at risk, you’ll be contacted immediately by email and text and given assistance on what you need to do to protect yourself from fraud.
How to register and start protecting yourself:
You must hold a Direct Line Home Insurance Plus policy to benefit from Identity and Online Fraud Assistance.
To activate this service you'll need to register at www.garlik.com/dlplus.
You'll be asked for your policy number so make sure you have this handy. Once you’re logged in, you'll be able to set up your DataPatrol account. You can add as much information as you want to monitor.
Once registered, DataPatrol will start to monitor for your details, even if you’ve only registered your name and address. The more information you enter, such as your credit card numbers, passport number, driver’s license number, the more DataPatrol monitor and alert you to any possible risk of ID theft and fraud.
Additional features include:
- On-click help and advice
- Monthly news and updates to help you better protect yourself against online crime