Home insurance policy documents
Know more about a policy before you buy
The Policy Summary gives a handy overview of our Buildings and Contents Insurance. Complete terms and conditions are found in the Policy Document. This also contains useful phone numbers, details on making a claim and information about any additional covers applicable to your policy.
If you would like to find out more about Identity Fraud Detection and Assistance Service which is included as standard in our Home Insurance Plus Policy go to our additional benefits overview.
When cover is confirmed we will send you a personalised Schedule of Insurance to accompany these documents.
Choose a policy document to view
These policy documents are for the Direct Line Home Insurance and Direct Line Home Insurance Plus products currently for sale as new business. If you are an existing customer, please refer to your policy documents or call us on 0845 246 8709.
Home Insurance policy document (viewable PDF, file size 867kb)
Home Insurance policy summary (viewable PDF, file size 481kb)
Home Insurance Plus policy document (viewable PDF, file size 722kb)
Home Insurance Plus policy summary (viewable PDF, file size 297kb)
Can't open the policy document?
What we do with your information
Please take a few minutes to read this document as it contains important information relating to the details that you have given us. You should also show this document to anyone else who is covered under your policy.
Your information will be held by U K Insurance Limited.
Managing your insurance policy
We will use the information that you have given us to manage your insurance policy, including underwriting and claims handling. This may include disclosing it to other insurers, regulatory authorities or to our agents who provide services on our behalf.
Who we will speak to about your policy
At the request of many of our customers and to make managing your insurance more convenient, it is our policy to deal with your spouse or partner who calls us on your behalf, provided they are named on the policy. If you would like someone else to be able to deal with your policy for you on a regular basis please let us know. In some exceptional circumstances we may also deal with other people who call us on your behalf. If at any time you would prefer us to deal only with you, please call us to let us know.
In order to provide you with insurance we will need to process sensitive information (such as information about criminal convictions) about you and others named on the insurance policy. Please get consent from the other people named on your policy before sharing their sensitive information with us.
If you have taken advantage of our automatic renewal service we will retain your payment details securely on our files so that we can take your premium at next renewal. Each year we will write to you in advance to remind you that this is happening.
Fraud prevention and detection
In order to prevent and detect fraud we may at any time:
- share information about you across the Royal Bank of Scotland group and with other insurers
- pass your details to Insurance Hunter, a central insurance application and claims checking system, whereby it may be checked against information held by Insurance Hunter and shared with other insurers
- Check your details with fraud prevention agencies and, if you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this with the fraud prevention agency. We and other organisations may also use and search these records to:
- help make decisions about credit and credit related services for you and members of your household
- help make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and claims for you and members of your household
- trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your insurance policies
- check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you furnish us with other satisfactory proof of identity.
- undertake credit searches and additional fraud searches
Insurers pass information to the Claims and Underwriting Exchange Register, run by Insurance Database Services Limited. The aim is to help us to check information provided and also to prevent fraudulent claims. When we deal with your request for insurance we may search these registers. Under the conditions of your policy you must tell us about any incident (such as an accident or theft) which may or may not give rise to a claim. When you tell us about an incident, we will pass information relating to it to the registers.
Let Direct Line help you fight the freeze.
Get the right cover for you and your rental property.
Take a look at our latest TV adverts.