These days most of us have a 'life online' – whether that is internet banking, online shopping or connecting with people via social networks. All of this requires us to share personal and financial information across many websites. DataPatrol (powered by Garlik) is an Identity and Online Fraud Assistance service which can help to detect the theft, loss or disclosure of your vital personal and financial information.
Here at Direct Line, we'll give you free DataPatrol Identity and Online Fraud Assistance worth £45 when you renew your home insurance policy with us after a full policy year.
Alternatively, if you take out Home Insurance Plus you can benefit from DataPatrol Identity and Online Fraud Assistance straight away.
How does it work?
- Your personal information: name, usernames, aliases and email addresses;
- Your contact information: home address, other addresses and telephone numbers;
- Your financial information: credit/debit cards, bank details, online banking IDs and online shopping IDs.
DataPatrol searches for your vital information across a variety of data sources, including:
- Public Websites
- Compromised and stolen data traded on Internet
- Public registers and Companies House
- Electoral Roll
- Royal Mail redirect database
How to register and start protecting yourself now:
You must renew a Direct Line Home Insurance policy or hold a Home Insurance Plus policy to benefit from Identity and Online Fraud Assistance.
If you have renewed your Home Insurance policy with us you can register at www.garlik.com/dlrenew.
Home Insurance Plus customers must register at www.garlik.com/dlplus
You'll be asked to enter your policy number. You'll then be able to set up your DataPatrol account and add as much information you want to monitor.
Stay in control
If DataPatrol finds anything that could put you at risk:
- You will be immediately alerted by email and text
- The Garlik Care support service will give you expert advice on what action you should take to protect yourself.
Additional features include:
- On-click help and advice
- Monthly news and updates to help you better protect yourself against online crime
Direct Line Together
Get 10% off any additional insurance product you take out.
Get the right cover for you and your rental property.
Take a look at our latest TV adverts.