Accidental damage cover can provide you with additional cover for the things that may not be covered in your home insurance policy, such as DIY disasters!
Direct Line Home insurance does not include accidental damage cover as standard. You can easily add Accidental Damage cover to either your standard contents and/or buildings policy.
Direct Line Home Insurance Plus (a higher level of home insurance cover) does include accidental damage cover as standard.
So what do they cover?
Accidental Damage cover for Contents
Accidental damage cover for contents can cover you against things like:
If you add accidental damage cover to your contents insurance, you'd be covered for things like this when they happen.
Accidental Damage cover for Buildings
Accidental damage cover for Buildings is there to cover against things like:
What wouldn't be insured if I had Accidental Damage cover for Contents and Buildings?
- Wear and tear. Like a much-loved, but well-worn sofa when the fabric eventually gives way and rips
- 'Mechanical Faliure'. A computer that dies and won't come back to life.
- Bad workmanship. (The electrician wires a socket wrong.)
- Damage caused by lodgers, or guests paying to stay with you.
- Damage caused by pets.
- Damage caused by cleaning or repairing something.
- Items taken outside the home. Such as jewellery or a mobile phone that gets damaged or lost (for that cover, see our Personal Possessions cover).
Understand the cover level most suited to your needs
Not everything's covered, so always check the policy before you buy.
Get the detail of what each kind of accidental damage cover would and wouldn't include or get a quote for Home insurance.
Direct Line Together
Get 10% off any additional insurance product you take out.
Get the right cover for you and your rental property.
Take a look at our latest TV adverts.