Direct Line Contents Insurance
If you are looking for contents insurance, then why not try Direct Line? Direct Line automatically provides you with contents cover of up to £50,000 as standard. On top of that we also:
- Provide cover on a new-for-old basis for household goods, including furniture, carpets, curtains, and your personal belongings in the home, garages and sheds (excludes clothing)
- Cover cash in your home up to £500, plus items in the garden up to £1,000
- Cover against fire, smoke damage, lightning, theft, flood and escape of water or oil
- Cover accidental damage to freezer contents (up to £500), replacement locks and keys following theft of keys, and possessions temporarily removed from the home e.g. while children are at college
- Includes an automatic increase of 5% of the sums insured for four weeks either side of Christmas and family weddings
- 24-hour Emergency Helpline
Contents insurance summary
Compare our levels of contents insurance below.
|Cover||Home Insurance standard policy||Home insurance plus policy|
|Loss or damage to contents caused by fire, lightning, smoke, storm or flood||Up to £50,00||up to £100,000|
|Office equipment in the home (i.e. computers, printers, fax machines, photocopiers)||Up to £5,000||Up to £10,000|
|Money in the home||Up to £500||Up to £1,000|
|Contents in the garden||Up to £1,000||Up to £2,500|
|Lock & Keys (replacements if keys lost or stolen)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
These are just some of the benefits you get with a Direct Line contents insurance policy. To view the full summary tables, please see the links below.
Specific contents information
Other contents insurance information
|Jewellery Insurance||Keeping your bicycle safe|
|TV Insurance||Contents insurance for tenants|
|Computer Insurance||Kids going to college|
Let Direct Line help you fight the freeze.
Get the right cover for you and your rental property.
Take a look at our latest TV adverts.